This is an ICIMOD initiative which aims to support detailed monitoring of snow, ice and water resources; build capacity; and develop water availability scenarios. Initially focused on Pakistan and Afghanistan, China and India are to be brought into the project later.
- Rohingya refugees live in fear of cyclones on Bangladesh island
- Analysis: Mongolia plans ruinous water infrastructure glut
- Politics can make or break the rollout of clean toilets in Nepal
- Diving ban not enough to save Pakistan’s coral paradise
- Opinion: A BRI alternative must contend with past mistakes
- Latest Covid-19 wave engulfs unprepared Himalayas