This is an ICIMOD initiative which aims to support detailed monitoring of snow, ice and water resources; build capacity; and develop water availability scenarios. Initially focused on Pakistan and Afghanistan, China and India are to be brought into the project later.
- Glacial lakes become more deadly as Himalayan ice melts
- Pakistan’s dream of a city by the Ravi may be an illusion
- To India’s chagrin, Bangladesh turns to China to transform Teesta river
- Photo story: Baghjan gas explosion in Assam, four months on
- China’s new carbon neutrality pledge: What next?
- Forests, indigenous people disappear along India’s Betwa river