This is an ICIMOD initiative which aims to support detailed monitoring of snow, ice and water resources; build capacity; and develop water availability scenarios. Initially focused on Pakistan and Afghanistan, China and India are to be brought into the project later.
- Comment: Biden’s finance pledge is inadequate for climate justice
- Plantations over people: India’s Covid-19 recovery plan for indigenous groups
- China builds coal power plant in Bangladesh despite protests
- Kyrgyz villagers decry health impacts of cement plant pollution
- Will urban forests in Pakistan have a lasting environmental impact?
- India’s net-zero dream: between diplomacy and reality