The Third Pole is seeking proposals for articles which explore climate change adaptation in the Brahmaputra basin.
These could be local efforts to adapt to the effects of climate change or larger-scale projects and plans. We are looking for stories which highlight successes to date or explore potential for future impact.
Depending on the nature of the story, we would like to illustrate articles with engaging photographs, maps, infographics and/or multimedia. Please consider how the story can be best illustrated in your pitch. The Third Pole can work with you to develop maps, infographics and multimedia.
Some examples of recent stories we have published on this theme:
- Honeybee colonies prove win-win for Assam farmers, beekeepers
- Locals use nature-based solution to tame river in Bangladesh
- Tiny island library in Assam gives children a headstart
- Guwahati gets an experimental flood warning system
- Segregating garbage to save Guwahati
Please submit proposals as soon as possible.
To apply, please include the following:
- A description of the proposed project in no more than 250 words, including suggested data sources, interview subjects and visualisation plans
To submit a story, or if you have questions about this call for applications, please email us at [email protected]