This report, published in 2012 by the National Academy of Sciences, summarises the state of scientific knowledge about the Himalayan glaciers and makes recommendations and sets guidelines for the future of climate change and water security in the region.
- Comment: Biden’s finance pledge is inadequate for climate justice
- Plantations over people: India’s Covid-19 recovery plan for indigenous groups
- China builds coal power plant in Bangladesh despite protests
- Kyrgyz villagers decry health impacts of cement plant pollution
- Will urban forests in Pakistan have a lasting environmental impact?
- India’s net-zero dream: between diplomacy and reality