This report, published in 2012 by the National Academy of Sciences, summarises the state of scientific knowledge about the Himalayan glaciers and makes recommendations and sets guidelines for the future of climate change and water security in the region.
- Rohingya refugees live in fear of cyclones on Bangladesh island
- Analysis: Mongolia plans ruinous water infrastructure glut
- Politics can make or break the rollout of clean toilets in Nepal
- Diving ban not enough to save Pakistan’s coral paradise
- Opinion: A BRI alternative must contend with past mistakes
- Latest Covid-19 wave engulfs unprepared Himalayas