This report, published in 2012 by the National Academy of Sciences, summarises the state of scientific knowledge about the Himalayan glaciers and makes recommendations and sets guidelines for the future of climate change and water security in the region.
- Glacial lakes become more deadly as Himalayan ice melts
- Pakistan’s dream of a city by the Ravi may be an illusion
- To India’s chagrin, Bangladesh turns to China to transform Teesta river
- Photo story: Baghjan gas explosion in Assam, four months on
- China’s new carbon neutrality pledge: What next?
- Forests, indigenous people disappear along India’s Betwa river